Monday, October 27, 2008

Wisdom for the current economy

This afternoon I was looking at the value of my share portfolio (AKA 401K or Superannuation) in the US. It is the first time I've been brave enough to take a peek since this so called "global economic crisis" hit, and I was none too pleased. When I saw the value had been reduced by some 33% in just 3 months, I cried out, "Oh My! But what can you do??"

Raina, who was doing some of her own important work (removing stickers from a book and strategically placing them on furniture) must have been listening to my expressions of woe, and replied, "You can't do anything..."

She's so right, and I had to laugh and admire her wisdom.

Also earlier today, Raina and I were enjoying a delicious smoothie made by Mei-Ling. It is our custom now to clink glasses and say "Cheers!". After we had finished, Raina ran to her mum and said, "I'm Cheersing Daddy". Good to know she is learning the mechanics of English grammar.

No comments: